Sometimes in AutoCAD the mouse hangs for some time (up to 1 seconds) for every operation.
Here are some methods to reduce these “sticking” moments.
- If this is wireless mouse, check the batteries. (In fact, this will work for every application, not for AutoCAD only!)
- If the Layer Palette is used – turn it OFF (set LAYERDLGMODE to “0” to get the classic layer manager back)
- If the “Selection Preview” is on – turn it OFF
- If Dynamic UCS is turned on – turn it OFF
- Set the anti-virus program to ignore AutoCAD related extensions (DWG, DWT, DCL, LSP etc)
- Uncheck the “Check Web for Live Enablers” box in Options->System
- Remove unnecessary hyperlinks (or broken links)